Thursday, October 22, 2009

CSA harvest Box: week 17 part 2 and week 18 (THE END!)

let me start off by saying that I switched to the "new" blogger editor
and I am SO not impressed.  What the heck??  What's happening with my typing? Ahhh!!

okay, now that I've got THAT off my chest...

I roasted my peppers, finally!  Look at all of them... wow.... shiney, oil-slicked peppers....The instructions I found on the net said to put them on your highest oven rack.  I thought the bell pepper was going to catch on fire.  The oil did actually ignite a couple of times.  Not for the faint at heart!  After they were all roasty-toasty, I put them in a covered bowl to sweat for a while, and the the skin all but fell off.  I sliced 'em up and popped 'em in the freezer for another day!  Nice that I have a whole quart-size zipper bag FULL of roasted peppers to throw into soups, sauces, and anything bland this coming winter.

Thought you might like a picture of the spaghetti squash!  Er, the "sripetti" squash- the spaghetti/delicata  squash hybrid from last week.  After roasting, I scooped out the "noodles" (I think I undercooked it due to running out of time...) and tossed them with butter, nutmeg, and parmesan.  Quite tastey next to broiled salmon!

Okay- the final week, here's what we found in our big green bags!:
really yummy jonagold apples (we are SO going to miss farm fresh organic apples!) another sripetti squash, 2 delicata squash, some decorative gourds and indian corn, dried pintos, sugar pie pumpkin, beets, onion.  We also picked up this crazy squash just for fun.  I'll let you know in the coming months what it's like when we roast it!  It's about as round as a dinner plate, and maybe around 6" tall?  Not a HUGE winter squash, but a might big one :o) Fun!

we'll miss you, Farmer's Market & CSA box!

No comments: