Monday, August 4, 2008

Nursery Walls

I did a little painting this weekend :) What do you think? Matt & I picked out this scripture for him- it's Psalm 25:4,5 which reads (in case you can't read it in the picture...) "Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." Seemed like a pretty good life verse for all of us.

Two of my favorite children's books are The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, and Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. Okay, I have a lot of favorite children's books- but these two are stories about little boys so I couldn't resist :) I also threw in a little cow jumping over the moon, although the rest of his buddies from "hey diddle diddle" are no where to be seen.
I have one more spot above the changing table where I thought about putting peter pan- another great story about a little boy- but there's so many wonderful classic books out there I thought I'd poll you guys and see if anyone had a better idea. (I'm not attached to Peter Pan like the Giving Tree or Wild Things.) So leave a comment and tell me some of your all time favorite children's tales!!


Now for the rest of the room...... oh boy.

7 comments:

BETHANY said...

You are so stinkin' crafty and artsy!! Way to go on all your painting and sewing projects. :)

Kristy said...

super cute room! love the scripture on the wall!
my photographers brain is going in to overdrive with ideas of shots to do in that room! hahaha! =)

ck2m said...

You are to talented for words. The nursery looks great. Can't believe how creative you are. What a lucky guy baby Rowen is.

Tara said...

Wow, you painted all of that?! I'm beyond impressed. It's BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing nursery. Love the bible verse too. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Me and Sarah like the ideas of: The Lost Boys, Spakey, Ren and Stimpy, Hansel and Grettle, The Backstreet Boys, Little Boy Blue, Newsboys, Boys II Men, Boyz in the Sink, Peter Piper, Jack jumped over the candlestick... and when we think of more, we will let you know.
Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I just kind of randomly came across your blog, but WOW!! That is amazing! My husband and I are 14 weeks pregnant (that is kind of how I got led to your site, as I was looking for fetal pictures to post on our baby site), and I really want a cool nursery, but that is amazing! It looks so cool! Sorry to just barge in like this! Good luck with your delivery!