Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prayer Request

This is my dad Bill.



He drives a jet funny car. Here's an older picture, as I'm assuming many of you don't know what a funny car is. Drag racing. You might have to click the picture to see the whole car... anyway...
He's in Arizona for a race this week, and early this evening (Saturday) he crashed. From what I understand, everything was right until he pulled the shoots, (sp?) which because of the wind threw him directly into a wall. He was going around 250 miles per hour at impact. The car is destroyed, the paramedics cut him out with the jaws of life, and rushed him to a hospital where they are currently running tests and trying to see the extent of his injuries and help his pain. We are so thankful that he's alive, which is a miracle in itself I hear. My mom is flying down there at 5am tomorrow morning to be with him, he may be there for a day, or weeks. We don't know yet. So please be praying for them both- praise Jesus that he's okay, but pray for healing. The morphine isn't helping him and his pain is at a 10 (out of 10) and the last I heard they are running a CAT scan to get a better look at his back. It could be broken, or blown discs, or something internal. He's in critical condition and stable I think, but his heart is racing. Probably from the pain, I'm assuming. Hopefully they'll find something to give him to take the edge off.
Thank you for your prayers. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: