Monday, November 1, 2010

November Resolutions


The Recap:
January - read through the bible in a year.
February - use the cash envelope system.
March - watch internet time.
April - walk whenever possible.
May - stockpile the freezer. OAMC style.
June- have a healthy baby and try to stay sane.
July - ban high fructose corn syrup from our house.
August- try one "deceptively delicious" type recipe a day.
September - journal pray as a daily part of my quiet times.
October - so long, corn-fed beef. (we got our cow yesterday! woohoo!)

November - tidy up! More specifically, I have two resolutions.
-I resolve to fill BOTH our yard debris bins, every week. This is not a matter of finding enough leaves (see photo above) but a matter of getting out and filling 'em up, rain or shine. We didn't get rid of all last year's leaves until half way through summer! This year I want to stay on top them more. We're paying for both bins, I want to make the most of them!
-I resolve to keep the kitchen table clear. This sounds silly, but seriously it's a disaster almost every day. It's where the pile-up occurs. Mail, things I've been working on, the computer, whatever. Pile. Up. ugh. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to do it. Even for a month. But I'm going to try :) Also, this resolution will be around after the yard debris are already full and waiting at the curb. :)

How are you doing on your new years resolutions?

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

We had 11 trees in our Beaverton yard and I think seven of them dropped leaves. Needless to say, I did a lot of raking. :) You should get some pallets, make simple compost bins, and dump the leaves there. The leaves of one tree won't make a ton of compost, but every little bit helps!

Unknown said...

there's another on the side, and a few in the back. And then we are surrounded in hedges that need to be trimmed several times throughout the summer, so it's leaf chaos year round! I've thought about composting them, but leaves take so long (years) to compost so I don't. Good idea, though!