Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dirty Drip Pans?

This housewife gets excited about the silliest things.....
I was making turkey stock and of course it boiled over a bit in the hours it was on the stove- leading to nasty burnt on crud in the drip pans. So I thought it would be an opportunity to share with you all this super nifty trick we learned not too long ago.
Nasty pans + baking soda + a little water + elbow grease (and not much!) =
Sparklingly beautiful pans!
That's right, just your plain ol' arm 'n' hammer.
I love when natural things clean better than chemical ones. Awesome.

5 comments:

Mary Lou said...

My favorite is baking soda with white vinegar.....

:)

Jamie said...

I love the baking soda trick. I use it on my pots, pans, sink, crockpot, etc. Go sodium bicarbonate!

Alana said...

thanks for the great tip! I love being able to clean with things I already have around the house! saves me money and gives me a piece of mind while my little man is running around the house!

Unknown said...

Nice work, Brianne! I've got to clean my burners. Yesterday I was scrubbing windows that haven't been done in ages! The things you do during naptime! :)

The Momma Monkey said...

Seriously, I wish I knew this earlier. I was so sick of not being able to get the junk off my stove thing's that I bought new ones....black this time.
Nanci