Friday, April 18, 2008

It's a Boy!!

Just kidding. :)

My mom did the needle on a string test with me - the needle says it's a boy. So there ya have it. ;)
We'll "confirm" the results via ultrasound May 7th.

In case you're unfamiliar with this pregnancy old wives tale, here's the procedure:

Get a sewing needle and thread it. Attach a pencil to the needle by poking the needle into the eraser. Hold the string just above the expecting mother's left wrist. Wait for the needle/pencil to stop moving and then start again. If it swings up and down the arm, it's a boy. If it swings back and forth across the wrist, it's a girl. Scientific, eh?
I've seen a few different versions of this test out there, but this is what my mother did to me!! Has anyone else done this? Were your results accurate? Enquiring minds want to know.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Here's another fun one...

The ancient Chinese Gender chart! It was totally right on BOTH times for me! ;)

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html

Unknown said...

yes, those are funny! It says it'll be a girl, but if I use my chinese age based on the lunar calendar, it'll be a boy. See if yours are still right with your chinese age!!

http://tinyurl.com/8k9ew

Kristy said...

mine was right again! hmmm......

Unknown said...

ooh, very interesting!

Tom and Alicia said...

I tried it and the Chinese age chart was right only on 1 of my 3, and the Chinese Gender Chart was correct on 2 of my angels. Amazingly, both were wrong with Callyn. Both charts also predict our #4 will be a girl so we'll see! Lots of hugs and excitement for you!
-alicia

mrsbrooks said...

All the tests say GIRL! We will find out June!