Monday, August 2, 2010

6th Anniversary


Last year was our 5th anniversary, and Matt planned an uber romantic date for us.  This year I wanted to plan more of an adventure date. You know, switch it up a little.  So I decided we should try geocaching.  We've wanted to for a long time but never gathered up enough motivation. So, this was the time.  My brother-in-law is a big time geocacher, so I got lots of help from him, including borrowing his GPS and his PDA full of hints and info for each cache!  Possibly a must for first timers. ;)
(Thanks, Trev!)
We went up to cooper mountain nature park, which is right here in Beaverton. (who knew?)  It was about a three mile hike through prairie and forrest, and we found five out of six caches.  (the last one we thought was right behind some poison oak and blackberry bushes- we decided it wasn't quite worth it. haha!)  This is a picture of our first find. That tiny thing in my hand is the micro cache!  It was so neat to find!  We could be hooked. Nerdy or not ;)  We would have enjoyed the hike anyway, but it was neat to have a "purpose" to it.
After our hike we went home for a shower and to make a picnic dinner.  (california rolls- yum!)  We went to waterfront park and enjoyed our dinner, and these mini-cheesecakes which were fabulous.  I made a graham cracker crust instead of the nilla wafers (HFCS alert!) but everything else was by-the-recipe.  I will be making them again. And, again. :)
When we finished stuffing ourselves, we went to find one more cache near us, and it turned out to be right where we parked! But, we couldn't find it. (later at home, matt went online and discovered that no one has found it yet. So I dont' feel so lame.) Then we were off to ComedySportz for two hours of laughter!
Overall, I think it turned out to be a fun date.  What an amazing 6 years we've had!  I can't believe how fast they've gone, and can't imagine how much faster the next 6 are going to go.  I'm so blessed to be a part of this marriage, to feel so loved and cared for, to be covered by the Lord so completely, to watch my husband be an amazing father day after day- I could never sum it up with words.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

how fun!!!! sounds like a perfect date/day! Happy Anniversary you two love birds! ;)

Unknown said...

we love geocaching. Our 3 year old loves it. He gets to keep the "prize" we find.

Plus it gets us outside and active.

Congrats on your 6th Anniversary.

Patti said...

That sounds like a great anniversary celebration. Maybe I will plan a geocaching adventure for us...Brett would be all over that.
We haven't been to Comedy Sportz in YEARS either, fun times!! :)

ck2m said...

After hearing a thing on NPR about geo cashing (sp?) I have wanted to try it to. Glad you had a good time.

Kami said...

That sounds like a great anniversary!! And I had never heard of geocaching before this post...