Friday, August 1, 2008

7 month belly!

Wow- can't believe we're in our 8th month of pregnancy now! It's gone by so quickly- and yet so slowly at the same time. I feel like I've been pregnant forever. Yet in a blink of an eye, we're going to have a wrinkly, wriggly baby in our arms! Crazy thought!
This month has been filled with lots of baby movement (loving it!), crazy hormones, and nesting madness. I feel I must clean, organize, and purchase everything I "need" for this little bundle of joy before he makes his grand entrance! Hopefully it wont be for another eight and a half weeks, but we'll be "full term" in just over five weeks! So there's a lot still on my "baby to do list" that needs checking off :) Hopefully before I go completely insane.
We've been going to our "preparing for childbirth" classes for four weeks, and have two weeks left. They've been pretty enjoyable- the instructor is a hoot. Sometimes I wonder if she might be on something. She's so wide-eyed and enthusiastic. But it's good information that hopefully I'll be able to use when the time comes!
We had another ultrasound this week that went well- I was a bit disappointed because it was short and we didn't get to see much of him, but I guess the other times we've been have been so awesome that it's time we had a lame one. And unfortunately, both our moms came to watch this time! Well, they got to see a lot of indiscernible organ and bone shots, and then a few quick profile glances at the end. We didn't get to watch him move at all. BUT- the important part is that he's looking great, measuring well (as far as the bone disorder goes) his fluid levels all look wonderful, and the tech said he has a "beautiful" heart. :) She couldn't get over how great it looked. He's estimated 3#9oz - and average for this week in gestation is 3.5# so he's perfect, even though his long bones are a bit small. Way to go- baby Ro! We could tell that he's definitely put on a bit more fat in the past two months. He had some chubby little cheeks :)
And I'm still doing well too, which I'm thankful for every day! I've had some pretty fabulous bouts of insomnia (haha) and the indigestion continues full force, but considering my body is being taken over by another human, I'm doing great! I'm still getting around fairly well, exercising, and wearing the same shoes. I'm certainly retaining water, but not enough to make my feet swell up all huge. And hopefully that will stay the same for the next week and a half because I just bought some cute shoes to wear to Evan & Jackie's wedding NEXT weekend!!

the progress:
pre-pregnancy: 102# 24"
one month :100# 24"
two months :101# 29"
three months :104# 32"
four months: 108# 32.5"
five months: 114# 35.5"
six months: 118# 37"
seven months: 120# 37.5" - wow, cant believe I've gained 18lbs and 19"! I should have another 8 lbs to go, but the inches will remain a mystery.

No comments: